There are many reasons people want or need to sell their home and now is great time to make that move you've been waiting for and here are a few reasons why.1. Demand is High. It's
Reasons to Sell NOW!
Dated: June 17 2021
There are many reasons people want or need to sell their home and now is great time to make that move you've been waiting for and here are a few reasons why.
1. Demand is High. It's economics 101, supply & demand. High demand and low supply means sellers are making more money on their home and take that additional cash and get what they need. Inventory typically goes up this time of year which is good for buyers, but with the overabundance of buyers it's still good for sellers. If your house is priced right for the market sellers are making an additional 3-7% over the list price on their home. And with increased inventory once you sell you have more to choose from once you become the buyer.
2. Interest Rates. They are still low but it's rumored that they will start creeping up before the end of the year reducing purchase power. Every half percent of increase reduces the amount a buyer qualifies for by about 30K. This will have a direct effect on how many buyers will be qualifies to buy your house. And on the flip side how much you can purchase once your house is sold.
3. Equity Cushion. Homeowners have a gained a tremendous amount of equity over the past 12-18 months, the national average was 20% during this time. This type of forced savings can help sellers take that equity and get into the house they really want or need whether upsizing or downsizing. This wealth effect has our nation sitting on trillions of dollars of equity.
4. Leverage. Sellers have the leverage in today's market to negotiate the best deal that fits their needs. If your house is priced right when it goes up for sale then most sellers are getting an average of 3 offers but many are getting more. It only takes one good offer to make your dream of moving a reality.
If you have questions about things your hearing about the market I'm happy to have a conversation and help you decide what best fits your needs in today's market.
Real Estate Remedy-Colorado Springs CO Real Estate- Alyce Chermack, REALTOR/Broker Associate, SRES- I provide the real estate remedy for people who are growing their nest or emptying one, so they can focus on the future without the headaches and hassles. 303-475-2792
Exit Realty Pikes Peak and its real estate professionals focus on Colorado Springs CO, located in El Paso County. We list and sell homes in Monument, Peyton, Falcon, Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, Pueblo and all nearby communities.
- Remedy for those who are making major transitions, such as buying their first home or selling a lifelong home - Perfectly suited for buyers and sellers who appreciate additional guidance and care t....